Short of time? This is ideal for you, an excellent introduction to the Island. Maximize your time and get a real feel of our Caribbean Paradise. Choose among the many beautiful beaches, the gorgeous view from the lighthouse in the south, or cruising through town looking at local arts and crafts.
If you can spare more than three hours, there’s a longer version of this tour called “Private Island Tour Plus”, or you can combine your tour with other activities.
If you’d like to see some options of what you can visit during this activity, click here!
- Your guide will meet you outside your hotel if you’re staying at the island or one of the two alternative walking distance meeting points1, you'll receive a quick debriefing, and the guide will collect your remaining balance. It is important to let us know when you’re booking where you’ll be staying, if you’re coming from the mainland, or if you’ll be arriving by cruise ship (if it’s the latter, we’ll need the name to confirm a meeting location).
- It’s time to discuss with your guide what you’ll like to see and where you’d like to be taken, your guide can help give you recommendations, but at the end of the day, this is Your Day, Your Way!!! You can choose to add lunch which has a price of 10 USD per passenger; if you choose to do so, we count with two options: “Tortugas Beach Club” for a more island/summer experience (with an amazing ocean view) or “Casa Misión” for a more Traditional Mexican lunch at a beautiful hacienda.
- Maintaining a certain sequence with the order of things you’d like to see is important to maximize the time. Please coordinate it with your guide; they’re experts at this.
- Once the activity is over, your guide will take you back to your meeting point after a day of fun on the island.
1Alternative meeting points: In order to help passengers coming from Mainland and cruise ships, we offer these meeting points that are located within walking distance from their arrival destination, but it’s required to contact us in advance in order to be met at one of these.
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting time: Same as tour time
Our meeting points are all located within walking distance of all passengers.
- Hotel and Airbnb passengers staying at Cozumel: Please make sure to confirm the name when making a reservation
- Cruise Ship passengers from Punta Langosta Pier: Outside Barracuda Hotel
• Norwegian Cruise Line
• MSC Cruise Line
• Disney Cruise Line
• and Others
- Cruise Ship passengers from International Pier and Puerta Maya Pier: Outside Hotel El Cid La Ceiba
• Carnival Cruise Line
• Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
• Celebrity Cruise Line
• Princess Cruise Line
• Holland America Line
• Aida Cruise Line
• and Others
- Mainland passengers: Diamonds International Forum Shops, across the street from the ferry pier
Minimum # of passengers: 2 passengers
Tour operator: Safe Tours Cozumel
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
✅ Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle (Size of the vehicle will vary depending on the size of your group)
✅ Bilingual driver-guide
✅ Cold drinks on board: bottled water, soda, and beer
✅ Baby car seat upon request (Early reservation is required, we have a limited supply)
✅ Snorkeling equipment ($20.00 US deposit required, refunded when you turn in the gear)
❌ Entrance to National Parks and Archeological Zones (not advised for this activity due to lack of time)
❌ Drinks off the vehicle
❌ Gratuity optional, please feel free to show your appreciation
❌ Lunch (It can be included for an extra 10 USD per passenger)
- Important to be aware of the remaining balance that will be collected at the meeting point by your driver-guide (must be paid in cash).
- In case of intoxication, being under the influence of drugs, or not respecting the staff and their requests we won’t allow you to take part in the activity, and a refund will not be held.
- For cruise ship passengers: All reservations are based on LOCAL TIME, which is not always the same as your cruise ship, please be aware of this when making a reservation.
- For mainland passengers: It’s very important that you arrive with enough time to board the ferry.
- In case you arrive late for the activity, the time will be either deducted from your activity or an extra charge will apply to compensate for the driver-guide’s time.
- If you’d like extra time, that can be arranged directly with your driver-guide.
- This activity gives you the flexibility to change plans as needed. If it rains, you can focus on indoor activities, and during the day, if it is possible, you can also change activities based on the desires of your group.
- Wear your bathing suit under clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen (you can only apply it 30 minutes before going in the water, so please plan ahead!)
- Bring a long sleeve T-shirt to protect yourself from the sun
- Bring a towel
- Bring a camera for photo opportunities
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Bring snacks if you’re coming with children, but you can always ask the guide to stop at a convenience store if necessary.
CANCELLATION POLICY & COVID 19
- FREE cancelation and full refund if notified within a minimum of 24 hours of your tour time; if done within less than 24 hours, the reservation fees cannot be refunded.
- In case of showing up under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we won’t permit you to partake in the activity and will not issue a refund.
- If you arrive late for the activity, the time will be deducted from your activity, or an extra charge will apply to compensate for the driver-guided time.
- For cruise ship passengers: If your cruise ship delays, the activity will be automatically rescheduled for the new time or date of arrival. A full refund will be issued if there’s a problem with the cruise ship and it fails to dock.
With the current world climate, we find it necessary to let potential passengers know what we’re doing to ensure their safety and lessen the spread of the virus.
Actions being taken:
- This is a private activity
- All our staff has been fully vaccinated
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience