Swim around corals and colorful fishes at the amazing spots we can’t wait to show you. We’ll take you to “El Cielito”, a sand bank where you’ll get to chill and snack, locals favorite spot.
Another place we know you’ll love is “El Cielo”, an extremely popular location at Cozumel, it has made its name due to the number of starfish that live there. The biggest reef formations on the island can be found at Colombia and Palancar Reefs, which is why it’s a must to visit them when coming to the island.
We hope you’ll leave the island in love with our underwater world!
- We'll meet you at your Hotel's lobby/ Airbnb or near the entrance if you're staying at Tulum's downtown, Akumal, Puerto Aventuras, and the rest of the hotels located on the coast to Playa del Carmen. For passengers staying at Tulum's Hotel Zone, we'll meet you at the entrance of the "Super Aki" grocery store located in downtown Tulum. There's a maximum of three stops that the van could make along the way, including yours.
- When you arrive at Playa del Carmen, a guide will be waiting for you and will walk you to the Ferry Pier where you might have to wait for the rest of the passengers to arrive before the Ferry docks. It’s important to note that beverages and snacks aren’t included in the Ferry, so you’ll have to pay for them if you want some.
- Once we get off the ferry, a guide will collect your remaining balance and lead you to the panga.
- You'll board the panga and the guide on board will explain safety measures and protocol you'll have to follow underwater, as well as how to use your equipment correctly. It's essential to pay close attention.
- The boat ride to the first stop takes around 40-50 minutes.
- The guide will hand you your equipment with your new snorkel tube, courtesy of
us at Safe Tours Cozumel, which is a sign that it is time to start jumping in the
- Your first stop will be Colombia and Palancar Reefs, where a photographer will
offer to take some underwater photos of you and your family and where you’ll see the biggest coral formations. After around 30-40 minutes, you'll be asked to board back up.
- Next stop is “El Cielo” there, you'll spend another 20-25 minutes, and you’ll get to see by yourself if it truly lives up to its name.
- Afterwards, the boat will take you to the final destination where you’ll spend your remaining time at sea: “El Cielito”. Here you’ll get to sit back and relax while the guides bring out fruit snacks and drinks. The water here is so shallow that you can sit in the sand and enjoy your refreshments there.
- Once you’re done snorkeling, the boat will take you back to the Ferry Pier and a guide will take you to a traditional Mexican restaurant where you’ll have your lunch before you head back to the Ferry Pier to board the 6 pm Ferry back to Playa del Carmen.
- When you arrive at Playa del Carmen, the driver will be waiting for you outside Señor Frogs and you’ll be good to go back to your hotel after having a thrilling day of snorkeling at Cozumel!
Duration: Approximately 11 hours
Meeting time: Will be specified once we know where you’re staying at, but normally between 8:00 and 9:00 am
Starting point: Outside of your hotel or Airbnb in most cases EXCEPT for Tulum’s Hotel Zone
Minimum # of passengers: 2 adults
o If you’re staying at Tulum's downtown, Akumal, Puerto Aventuras, and the rest of the hotels located on the coast to Playa del Carmen pick-up will be outside your hotel or Airbnb
o For those staying at Tulum's Hotel Zone, pick-up will be at the entrance of the “Super Aki” grocery store
Additional Pick-up details: Please be aware of a possible extra charge when there are less than 4 passengers:
o 2 passengers $60 USD extra (per service, not per passenger)
o 3 passengers $30 USD extra (per service, not per passenger)
o 4 passengers or more no extra charge
This possible extra charge would be paid in cash and once you arrive in Cozumel. If we have other passengers for this same service, so that 4 or more are already completed, then this charge will no longer apply.
Tour operator: Safe Tours Cozumel – Shark's Adventure
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
✅ Pick up and drop off at your hotel
✅ Ferry tickets back and forth
✅ Small panga for 12 passengers
✅ Bilingual Captain and Guides
✅ Bottled water, soft drinks, and beer (after the snorkel activity)
✅ Snorkel tube (free to take as souvenir)
✅ Use of snorkel gear (fins, mask, and life vest)
❌ 5 USD per passenger for Marine and Pier fees
❌ Souvenir photos (available for purchase onboard the boat)
❌ Gratuity Optional
❌ Drinks outside the panga
- Most pangas come with a small glass bottom, but it depends on the one you’re assigned to on the date of your tour.
o Important to be aware of the additional 5 USD for Marine and Pier fees that will be collected at the meeting point along with the remaining balance (best to do it in cash).
- In case of intoxication, being under the influence of drugs, or not respecting the staff and their requests we won’t allow you to take part in the activity, and a refund will not be held.
- We do not provide car seats for infants in this particular activity, please be mindful of that when booking and make sure to bring your own.
- This isn’t a private activity.
- Wear your bathing suit under clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen (you can only apply it 30 minutes before the activity) o Bring a long sleeve T-shirt to protect yourself while swimming
- Bring a towel
- Bring a camera for photo opportunities
- Bring comfortable shoes that can get wet
CANCELLATION POLICY & COVID 19
- FREE cancelation and full refund if notified with a minimum of 24 hours of your tour time, if done with less than 24 hours the reservation fees cannot be refunded.
- In case of showing up under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we won’t permit you to partake in the activity and will not issue a refund.
- This activity is subject to adequate weather conditions; in case of bad weather, you’ll receive a full refund.
- If you fail to show up at the meeting time established, there will be no reschedule or refund.