Snorkel at some of the most popular reefs at Cozumel, with different varieties of corals and colorful fishes. We’ll take you to “El Cielito”, a sandbank where you’ll get to chill and snack, a common place for locals to visit on Sundays. This spot is also known as “Playa el Cielo”.
Another place you’ll surely love is “El Cielo”, with its breathtaking crystal-clear waters. “El Cielo”, one of the most well-known destinations at Cozumel, has made its name due to the number of starfish that live there. The biggest reef formations on the island can be found at Colombia and Palancar Reefs, which is why they’re divers favorite spots to visit.
We have prepared a fun day at a low price for you and your loved ones!
- We'll meet at the “Sharks Adventure” booth at Cozumel’s Ferry Pier, where you'll receive a quick debriefing, and a guide will collect your remaining balance.
- You'll board the panga, and the guide will explain the safety measures and protocol you'll have to follow underwater and how to use your equipment correctly. It's essential to pay close attention.
- The boat ride to the first stop takes around 40-50 minutes.
- The guide will hand you your equipment with your new snorkel tube, courtesy of us at Safe Tours Cozumel, which is a sign that it is time to start jumping in the water.
- Your first stop will be Colombia and Palancar Reefs, where a photographer will
offer to take some underwater photos of you and your family and where you’ll see the biggest coral formations. After around 30-40 minutes, you'll be asked to board back up.
- The next stop is “El Cielo” there, you'll spend another 20-25 minutes, and you’ll see if it truly lives up to its name.
- Afterward, the boat (panga) will take you to the final destination where you’ll spend your remaining time at sea: “El Cielito”. Here you’ll get to sit back and relax while the guides bring fruit snacks and drinks. The water here is so shallow that you can sit in the sand and enjoy refreshments.
- The boat will take you back to the Ferry Pier, concluding your snorkeling experience at Cozumel.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
✅ Small panga
✅ Bilingual Captain and Guide
✅ Bottled water, soft drinks, and beer (after the snorkel activity)
✅ Snorkel tube (free to take as a souvenir)
✅ Use of snorkel gear (fins, mask, and life vest)
✅ Fresh fruit
❌ 5 USD per passenger for Marine and Pier fees
❌ Souvenir photos (available for purchase onboard the boat)
❌ Gratuity Optional
- Most pangas come with a small glass bottom, but it depends on the one you’re assigned to on your tour date.
- Important to be aware of the additional 5 USD for Marine and Pier fees that will be collected at the meeting point along with the remaining balance (best to do it in cash).
- In case of intoxication, being under the influence of drugs, or not respecting the staff and their requests, we won’t allow you to take part in the activity, and a refund will not be held.
- This isn’t a private activity.
- For cruise ship passengers: All reservations are based on LOCAL TIME, which is not always the same as your cruise ship. Please be aware of this when making
- For mainland passengers: It’s very important that you arrive with enough time to board the ferry; if you fail to do so and miss it, we won’t be able to reschedule
and there will be no refund.
- Wear your bathing suit under clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen (you can only apply it 30 minutes before the activity)
- Bring a long sleeve T-shirt to protect yourself while swimming
- Bring a towel
- Bring a camera for photo opportunities
- Bring comfortable shoes that can get wet
CANCELLATION POLICY & COVID 19
- FREE cancelation and full refund if notified within a minimum of 24 hours of your tour time; if done within less than 24 hours, the reservation fees cannot be refunded.
- In case of showing up under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we won’t permit you to partake in the activity and will not issue a refund.
- This activity is subject to adequate weather conditions; in case of bad weather, you’ll receive a full refund.
- If you fail to show up at the meeting time established, there will be no rescheduling or refund.
With the current world climate, we find it necessary to let potential passengers know what we’re doing to ensure their safety and lessen the spread of the virus.
Actions being taken:
- All our staff has been fully vaccinated
- Face masks are required for staff in public areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Staff are required to wash their hands regularly
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Face masks are required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Gear/equipment sanitized between uses (the snorkel tube is new and meant to be taken as a souvenir)
- Social distancing enforced throughout the experience