Voyage to the mainland to get up close to ancient archaeological site. It’s a vault filled with historical and cultural artifacts with treasured knowledge. Explore the magnificent temples rising above the Caribbean Sea in the walled city of Tulum.
You will be guided through the secrets, facts, myths, and wonderful legends of the ancient Mayan civilization. You get the freedom to admire the detailed carved figures and frescoes on the walls of prominent buildings such as “El Castillo” (The Castle).
Inhale the sweet exotic ocean breeze, as you capture the essence of ’The Temple of the Descending God.’ Marvel at ‘The House of the Columns.’ Become that professional photographer who shoots amazing photos, as proof of what you just witnessed!
Refreshment & light snack will be served. Then you'll have some free time to hang out, dive into the ocean, and buy some souvenirs, before returning to Cozumel.
- Meeting time: 30 minutes prior to departure time at the Cozumel Fiscal pier.
- Meeting point next to the swallows’ statue located right in front of Cozumel’s fiscal pier, downtown. A Wildtours operator with a visible sign will be waiting for the guests.
- Start your check in, here you’ll pay the remaining balance.
- At Playa del Carmen, your host will drop you off with your driver-guide, and you'll begin the ride toward Tulum. There might be stops along the way to pick up more passengers since this isn't a private activity.
- You've arrived at Tulum, and it's time to check out the ruins with the company of your guide. This will take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Once you're finished visiting the ruins, Refreshment & light snack will be served. you'll have some free time to hang out, dive into the ocean, and buy some souvenirs.
- Now it's time to head back to Playa del Carmen, and your driver-guide will let you know.
- When you arrive at Playa del Carmen, you can spend however much time you wish and return to the island anytime. Please be aware that the last ferry leaves at 10:00 pm and ensure you have enough time to catch it. The ferry tickets we’ll provide you are good for any departure that day. Ferry transportation Cozumel - Playa del Carmen.
Duration: 6 hrs. (including transportation time)
Departure Time: 9am
Starting Point: Ferry Pier entrance under the Swallows' monument
Meeting time: 8:30am
- FOR CRUISE SHIP CUSTOMERS: Departure times depend on customers' cruise’s schedule. Please note there may be some cruise ship arrivals that are not operational during the year. Please confirm with us before any reservation.
- FOR HOTEL CUSTOMERS: Please confirm with us before any reservation, subject to availability.
- Note: this tour operates from Monday to Saturday
Minimum # of passengers: 2
Maximum # of passengers: 40
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
✅English speaking Guide
✅Ferry round-trip transportation Cozumel – Playa del Carmen – Cozumel
✅Ground round-trip transportation Playa del Carmen – Tulum – Playa del Carmen
✅English speaker Tour Operator
✅Tulum Mayan Ruins entrance
✅Guided tour with a certified English speaker tour guide at the archeological site
✅Refreshment & light snack Meal option
❌A third language is available in Italian, German, and French for an additional fee. This service requires a reservation which must be made 24 hours prior the beginning of the tour
❌Guests using home video cameras will be charged government fee of approximately $8 - 10 USD payable in cash at site
❌Shopping Areas with souvenirs, Mexican handcrafts, and photo shop
❌Guests must take taxi transportation to/from downtown ferry pier in Cozumel. At their own expense
- It is important to be aware that the remaining balance will be charged at the meeting point (preferably in cash). Credit card may be used, but you will have to pay the added 10% bank commission.
- Ferry ride to and from Playa del Carmen is approximately 45 minutes and may be rough at times.
- Guests who suffer from motion sickness should take this into consideration.
- The bus ride is approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes in each direction.
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothes, swimsuit, sunglasses, and a hat. Bring biodegradable sunblock (mandatory), a camera, cash, credit cards, towel, and a change of clothes.
- Guests must take taxi transportation to/from downtown ferry pier in Cozumel. At their own expense.
- Guests must be able to walk most of the time during the excursion.
- No Wheelchair accessibility: This excursion is not available for guests in wheelchair or guests with walking difficulties. Tour operator will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchair or electric scooter
- Guests under any of the following illnesses/medical conditions are not allowed to participate pregnancy, asthma, heart disease, diabetes, recent surgeries, epilepsy, respiratory conditions, blood pressure conditions, back/neck/limb/knee injuries, medicated/taking antidepressants, lithium, beta-blockers, or base (vein) constrictors.
- Flash bulbs, tripods and professional video equipment prohibited at ruins.
- For the long-term preservation of Tulum Ruins, guests are not allowed to climb on the ruins at any time.
- Participants must comply with all of the instructions given by the guide.
- Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied, directly supervised, and cared for by the responsible Companion, Parent (s)-or Legal Guardian at all times.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN A WAIVER.
- IMPORTANT: Safe Tours Cozumel is committed to protecting the ocean environment and Tulum is part of the Mesoamerican Reef System, which extends over about 1000 km along the Caribbean coasts of Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, and Honduras. This National Marine Park is protected by Mexican federal law. Therefore, the use of any type of sunscreen, sunblock, or suntan lotion which could eventually make its way into the ocean is no longer allowed. We suggest the use of long-sleeved UV-filtering shirts, hats, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun. Coral, fish, and all other sea creatures thank you for your cooperation!
CANCELLATION POLICY & COVID 19
- FREE cancellation and full refund will be issued if notified within a minimum of 24 hours prior to your tour time; if it is made within less than 24 hours in advance, booking fees cannot be refunded
- If you show up under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we will not allow you to take part in the activity and we will not issue a refund.
- Our tours can operate in light rain and other moderate weather conditions; however, tour may be canceled in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions with a full refund.
Safety & Health Guidance
- Guests must follow safety guidelines from the staff to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Staff will remind guests to keep physical distance, during the reception and brief-in
- Health screening of guests at the check-in will be made through a quick test that involves temperature checking; any guest showing signs of respiratory illness such as coughing, and sneezing will be excluded from the tour
- Each guest will be asked to sign a declaration of health upon arrival
- We will allow healthy people to enjoy the tour; the staff will encourage guests to use a face mask/face covering upon arrival. Due to local government policies, the use of face mask/face covering is mandatory
- Guests must wear face mask/face coverings in communal areas, near other guests, and when interacting with the staff
- The staff will provide each guest antibacterial gel (at least, 70% alcohol) upon arrival
- We have additional hand sanitizing dispensers to reduce the spread of viruses and bacteria
- We will encourage guests to follow the handwashing protocol frequently, with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after any activity